Brabyns Preparatory School

Author Topic: Road Changes Marple Centre.  (Read 15062 times)

RAY NOBLE

Re: Road Changes Marple Centre.
« Reply #31 on: January 28, 2010, 05:43:52 PM »
If going in and out of a car park is confusing how did you pass a driving test. Ray

pirate Princess

« Reply #30 on: January 27, 2010, 07:59:23 PM »
I still think its abit dumb. Its confusing everyone :-[

Jay

« Reply #29 on: January 27, 2010, 02:34:05 PM »
Right you are Ray, there's two exits for the carpark and they are both on Trinity street. Chadwick street is an entrance not an exit (BTW Chapel Fields is pedestrianised  :P )

RAY NOBLE

« Reply #28 on: January 27, 2010, 01:39:05 PM »
As i see it the only way out of the car park is Triity Street onto Church Lane. Ray.

badger

« Reply #27 on: January 27, 2010, 12:44:56 PM »
 ??? COME ON!

tonyjones

« Reply #26 on: January 27, 2010, 09:38:12 AM »
It may be because it is not a NO THROUGH ROAD.
You can go into the car park and exit via Chapel Fields.

Perhaps the sign should read 'no access to Stockport Road'

badger

« Reply #25 on: January 26, 2010, 01:05:52 PM »
I can't understand why a 'NO THROUGH ROAD' sign or cul-de-sac 'T' sign has not been installed at Church Lane end, I know the locals probably won't see them but it should help.

Neil Smith

« Reply #24 on: January 21, 2010, 10:17:12 PM »
Dont see what all the fuss is about. I remember when turning on to Trinity St from Stockport Rd was stopped more than twenty five years ago. We also lost access via Church st,

Blast from the past, I can only just remember Church St not having any bollards on, so that could make it nearly 30 years ago. I must be getting old :o I think this could be a white elephant from SMBC, watch it change back in a few months???!!

sooty2

« Reply #23 on: January 20, 2010, 11:03:47 PM »
Dont see what all the fuss is about. I remember when turning on to Trinity St from Stockport Rd was stopped more than twenty five years ago. We also lost access via Church st, It made the journey home to cottage surgery area longer when approaching from Posset Bridge end of Marple. Some may say the journey from home onto the main road will take a bit longer, but Trinity St was never a public road to exit on stockport Rd. It is a service road to the car park, shops and pubs. There have been police especially at christmas times, stopping to ask motorists where they have come from ? and warning them not to use the road for cutting through to Stockport Road .The sign at the Church Lane end of Trinity St ,says "Access Only "has been ignored by most motorists for years. We will all get used to it eventually!!

Jay

« Reply #22 on: January 20, 2010, 09:10:22 PM »
It's an accident waiting to happen at both ends. Cars ignoring the new one way system (pausing to observe them but passing though all the same) and at the other end vans parking on double yellow lines blocking visibility for cars that have to pull out to church lane. Sometimes you may as well shut your eyes and prey while getting out that end.

I agree with Pirate Princess... Why fix something that isn't broken?

pirate Princess

« Reply #21 on: January 20, 2010, 08:15:22 PM »
the no entry sign was there the other day, a  woman looked the wrong way yesterday and nearly got squished, by a car coming the other way. Why fix something that isn't broken?
I also saw a royal mail van, go the wrong way while waiting for the bus this morning
An accident waiting to happen people!  :-\

marveld

« Reply #20 on: January 20, 2010, 04:56:59 PM »
There are now "No Entry" road markings. I observed several cars being oblivious to the new layout today. It's a classic case of people being "blind" to the changes. Perhaps a barrier and press button system will resolve the issue! LOL.  ;D

pirate Princess

« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2010, 08:38:21 PM »
 >:( its silly and dangerous, people forget to look the new way, I saw a woman do it today. Something that has been there for so many years suddenly changed! STUPID! ???

Cyberman

« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2010, 08:51:20 AM »
It was certainly chaotic there on Saturday morning with the majority of traffic going the wrong way! Dangerous for pedestrians too, with two lines of vehicles squeezing through. Can anyone explain the benefits of this change... yes it's now easier for vehicles to get to the car park, but don't they have the original problem on the way out, having to go via Church Lane and the traffic lights?

marveld

« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2010, 01:55:18 AM »
I have advised Councillor Craig Wright of the traffic issue and received a swift reply (he has sent a ‘cc’ to the other relevant councillors)

“Thank you for your email. I knew this change was about to happen but I didn't know it had actually happened. It is clear that we need to do something special, short term at least, to let people know that there is a change. New 'No Entry' markings on the road surface is the obvious one and I will get onto it straight away. Regards, Craig Wright”