Marple Blasting Services | Blast Cleaning Stockport

Author Topic: Church Street to re-open?  (Read 3564 times)

Mike in Marple

Re: Church Street to re-open?
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2008, 11:10:15 PM »
The idea is to open up Church street from its current point but then block it off gain at the junction of Stockport Road.

This is so SMBC can move the bus stops further back improving things when the road is re-done during the Chadwick Street Car Park refurbishment.

They are opening it further up so that there is still road access to the funeral directors.

It's my understanding that SMBC are not planning to open up Church Street - just move where it is blocked.

cwisp1363

« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2008, 06:33:56 PM »
The Civic Society has been following the developments on Chadwick street car park and the Hollins for some time. 

We like the idea of making better use of the Chadwick St car park but not the Council's traffic and pedestrian arrangements that go with it.

Have a look at the News section on our website (www.marplecivicsociety.org.uk) for details of our objections - or contact Alan Postill on 427 1379.

Chris Parr (Secretary)

Peter

« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2008, 10:08:30 AM »
This whole Church St situation has been rumbling on for 2 or 3 years now and is all tied up with the proposed Chadwick Street car park alterations. There have been lengthy consultations with the District Centre Partnership, unfortunately their website hasn't been updated for over two years.
If you are serious about information regarding the proposed scheme then you should contact the Regeneration Dept. at Stockport Town Hall.

alan@marple

« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2008, 06:56:55 PM »
It seems to me that a number of residents in Church St are opposed to the idea of opening up the road including some elderly residents of Queens Court who are fearful of an anticipated increase in traffic should this idea come to fruition.

So why and who has suggested this scheme?

I cannot find trace of any council discussions on the SMBC website !

nbt

« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2008, 09:55:33 AM »
To be honest Mark I've no idea. I didn't know about the Chadwick Street Car Park thing until after I;d seen this - there's no mention of it on the Civic Society website either
NBT: Notoriously Bad Typist

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2008, 08:44:35 AM »
Right, I'm with you now. Is that associated with the Chadwick Street Car Park changes highlighted by the Marple Civic Society post or is it independant of these "improvements".
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

nbt

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2008, 08:37:11 AM »
Maybe I've got the streetname wrong  ???

Yep, I have,  it's church street that I mean, the closed section from just above the funeral directors

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2008, 06:36:40 AM »
Which part of Church Lane is currently pedestrianised? I'm struggling to understand where you mean.
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

nbt

Church Street to re-open?
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2008, 06:14:27 PM »
As I passed up Church Lane today from the village, I saw that most of the cottages on the pedestrianised section had notices in the window. According to these notices, Church Lane will be re-opened to traffic. Does anyone have any more information?