Landscape Gardening Maintenance Marple & Marple Bridge

Author Topic: Dale farm  (Read 3807 times)

Lisa Oldham

Dale farm
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2003, 06:25:34 PM »
Lower Dale farm has changed hands since then.  Was sold to a local businessman last year and the old owners have moved to Canada From what I know of the new owner he is very keen on conservation.

I have been told that what looks like dumping is infact ..sorry if I get this wrong not sure of the language ..but shoring up what WAS the old "road" across the river.  This is disappearing and I think he is trying to stop this happening
What ever hes not dumping.

Ive been down there a few times.  Im more concerned about the path eroding by the brick wall near LDale Farm and b4 you get to the road.  This is really dangerous, you cant take a trolley down there.
I'm told the LDF owner has offered to redirect the path slightly away from the river a its obviously going to get worse but nothings happened.  I ve always loved walking down there but Im reluctant to take my kids there now
Who's in charge of the paths?

Dale farm
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2002, 07:18:23 PM »
Quote (Kevin @ Nov. 16 2002,21:47)
I went for a lengthy walk last weekend with Charlie my Dog. We took a course through Marple Woods from Marple Hall drive entrance and walked along the river through to Dale Road. I must say, we really did have a good afternoon, even though Charlie jumped in to the river belly first and got carried away with the rush.

I noticed when walking behind Dale Farm that a  tractor had made its tracks from the field right over to the river bank and it looks like a large amount of hard core has been deposited on the banks of the river.

When I was in the local retained fire service we were called several times to Dale Farm when rubbish was being burned giving off black smoke. On close up, tyres, cans of unknown substance and oil based materials were being burned.

Kevin

Dale farm
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2002, 09:47:05 PM »
I went for a lengthy walk last weekend with Charlie my Dog. We took a course through Marple Woods from Marple Hall drive entrance and walked along the river through to Dale Road. I must say, we really did have a good afternoon, even though Charlie jumped in to the river belly first and got carried away with the rush.

I noticed when walking behind Dale Farm that a  tractor had made its tracks from the field right over to the river bank and it looks like a large amount of hard core has been deposited on the banks of the river.