Evolution Joinery & Building Work Evolved

Author Topic: The Ring o' Bells  (Read 9672 times)

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
Re: The Ring o' Bells
« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2008, 07:44:39 AM »
Could it be a cryptic reference  to the recent repainting?
Mark Whittaker

The Marple Website

nbt

« Reply #16 on: November 18, 2008, 09:29:30 AM »
I'm guessing that he's referring to the new white paintjob as part of the overhaul - looks very nice now.
NBT: Notoriously Bad Typist

wolfman

« Reply #17 on: November 18, 2008, 10:10:54 AM »
2 got it one didn't. Yes it does look good.
Upon seeing the shadow of a PIDGIN  one should resist the urge to look up.

jet

« Reply #18 on: November 19, 2008, 05:26:57 PM »
The Bulls Head has also had a repaint and looks a lot smarter.

Dave

« Reply #19 on: November 29, 2008, 01:52:41 PM »
We went for a meal at the Rimgers the other day - it was the first time we'd eaten there for years.  It was a very good meal and excellent value.  We'll be back.   :P

orangewhip

« Reply #20 on: December 01, 2008, 03:34:24 PM »
Last Saturday evening, on my way to The Hatters (voted Best Pub in Marple in a recent poll), I nipped into the Ring O Bells.  After a swift visit to the gents, and the purchase of some dry roasted to see me down the hill, I was on my way.  In the end I found the place lively, warm and inviting.     

Miss Marple

« Reply #21 on: July 21, 2009, 02:48:33 PM »
 :-[  Went for my first meal at the Ringers on Sunday found the meal tasty but lacking in quantity.  A large yorkshire pudding dominated the plate but there was only a very small amount of veg and one roast potato, came home and made sandwiches as we were still hungry.  Maybe they had had a rush on and were short of veg hope the portion of veg sizes are better next time we visit  ???
BECAUSE IT CONCERNS ME, MINE AND OTHERS !!!!!

Pink Panther

« Reply #22 on: July 22, 2009, 07:48:32 AM »
Did you say something when you were there Miss Marple, and give them the chance to sort it for you ? ,  or did you just put up with it,  pay for it ,  then leave and then have a moan on here about it ?

We were there a few weeks ago for something to eat, I had the Jerk Chicken kebabs,  hmmmm they were yummy !!

I'm not in a position to eat out often, so the times that I do,  if something isn't right, then I tell them, and don't have any qualms about doing so , most places are willing to sort it out I think . :)
I'm not up to no good, it only looks as though I am!     8)

Miss Marple

« Reply #23 on: July 22, 2009, 08:01:11 PM »
No I just moaned afterwards about it !!  I love a good old moan don't you  ??? That's probably why you are on this site like me!!   MOAN MOAN MOAN !!!!

Pink Panther

« Reply #24 on: July 23, 2009, 01:27:46 PM »
Are you always on the defence ?

It was just a question ?

I dont understand the logic of eating a meal that you are not entirely happy with , not shouting up about the "problem"  at the time ,  paying for it, then leaving and not saying a word  ..  and there was me thinking that you were so vocal about everything  :P!

Then again, it could begin to question what one sees as a large or small portion , blowing so much  hot air can give one a rather large appetite !!  ( teasing !!)

;D
 8)
I'm not up to no good, it only looks as though I am!     8)

Miss Marple

« Reply #25 on: July 23, 2009, 02:14:18 PM »
 :-X Yes I am always on the Defence ! Think I should work for the Ministry.  I had nothing to complain about directly about the meal which was lovely with great service.  It was only the amount of veg (I am a veggie) that I had concern over.  As I stated origanally I feel it may have been that we ate late and there may have been a shortage of veg but the veg we did have was cooked to perfection.   

nbt

« Reply #26 on: September 06, 2009, 07:34:08 PM »
On the recommendation of a friend, we recently went back to the Ringers for a meal. What a difference the new chef has made! The food there, which was never bad, has improved vastly. We've eaten there half a dozen times in the past month and have enjoyed every meal. Worth a special trip, in my view
NBT: Notoriously Bad Typist

alan@romiley

Ring O'Bells, a good meal
« Reply #27 on: October 06, 2009, 08:16:54 PM »
Had a great meal the other night:

Deep fried cheese in breadcrumbs with salad

Chili Beef Enchiladas

Apple pie and cream with custard

and service with a smile
“Every process in your organization has a customer, and without a customer a process has no purpose. "

Phil

« Reply #28 on: October 07, 2009, 10:12:42 AM »
Quick, Orangewhip, someone's recommending the Ringer's....!

orangewhip

« Reply #29 on: October 07, 2009, 12:22:26 PM »
A tad busy at the mo I'm afraid Rudolph, but once I've finished this little lot I'll jump back on the information superhighway and share my two-penneth. 

Enjoy your lunch you lucky lucky people!  :)