Marple Community Forum & Noticeboard
October 21, 2014, 11:16:12 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Visit the Main Site

News: Banner Adverts on this site raise £1,000 for Skatepark Project

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  

Drama Classes for Children and Young People in Marple

Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: The Ring o' Bells  (Read 9386 times)
nbt

« on: December 28, 2007, 10:22:13 PM »

(Howard @ Dec. 28 2007,20:02) For excellent food, I'd still recommend the Ring o' Bells

I'd have to disagree. While the hosts and staff are great, the menu is far too big at the Ringers: this too me says that the food is pre-prepared in bulk and frozen, rather than having supplies freshly prepared. The food is adequate but by no means excellent.

NBT: Notoriously Bad Typist
Peter

« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2007, 10:57:23 AM »

Well, as the landlord of the Ring o' Bells I suppose it's up to me to put the last comments right.
Firstly, I cannot understand how one can complain that one has too much choice. Surely if you find somewhere where you like the food it is a great bonus that you can go back on other occasions and choose from different things.
Nbt is quite correct when he says we have a large selection on our menu but that is where him being correct ends!
We have around 40 main courses available on our A La Carte, 10 of which are vegetarian, and of those I count 3 that are frozen meals, Lasagne's & Cannelloni. The rest is cooked entirely to order from fresh produce, unless you count the likes of Cod & Hake which come frozen packed from the ships off Iceland, the country not the store, and are defrosted, on the premises, prior to trading.
Whilst accepting that you cannot please all the people all of the time, I would, (as someone who eats here far more than anyone else) have to agree more with Howards comments regarding the Ring o' Bells than nbt's.
nbt

« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2007, 05:43:55 PM »

For once it's good to be shown to be wrong. PLease accept my apologies Peter, and well done for supporting fresh produce. Genuine question, do you source your meats and vegatables locally where possible? I much prefer to eat at places where I know I am supporting local businesses.

NBT: Notoriously Bad Typist
Peter

« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2007, 10:30:02 AM »

Not easy to answer this precisely. Our suppliers are all 'Locally' based i.e. the Stockport area. Where it is possible they source us goods from the area but for various reasons, quality, availability, cost etc.,  this is not always possible which means it varies enormously. There are many rules issued by Environmental Health regarding buying fresh produce which means that buying direct from local sources is not always plausible. Not a great answer I know but at least an honest one!
Howard
Global Moderator

« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2008, 07:12:48 PM »

If you do frequent the Ringers and they have the Lamb Henry on, I'd suggest that should be your first choice. I had it on Sunday and it was absolutely delicious.

Howard
orangewhip

« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2008, 11:16:38 AM »

I think it's a real shame about the Ringers.
Lisa Oldham
Global Moderator

« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2008, 11:13:21 AM »

What Orange Whip?  Why is it sad that the The Ringers consistently provide good quality tasty food?
Howard
Global Moderator

« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2008, 10:32:26 PM »

I think it's a real shame about the Ringers.

You're clearly got a bit of a thing about the Ringers. That's two posts on the same day complaining but with no reason why. Either give us the reasons why you think there's something wrong, tell Pete what you think or pack it in.

Howard
alan@romiley

« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2008, 12:45:29 AM »

I just wish that Robinsons, would allow a guest beer now and again in our locals.

A well kept pint of "Robbie's"is great and I get this at "my local" but it really would be nice to be able to walk to the pub in MARPLE and enjoy and occasional pint of

"Boddies" Sam or John Smiths, Holt's or even JWL.

I don't suppose it will ever happen!, but I live in hope

“Every process in your organization has a customer, and without a customer a process has no purpose. "
heather

« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2008, 10:29:37 PM »

its a long way to travel from hope Smiley Smiley Smiley heard a whisper in the village that the chef is leaving from the ringers hope you will still be doing food

and i said to the man who stood at the gate of the year    give me a light so i may tread safely into the unknown
alan@romiley

« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2008, 12:04:57 AM »

Tonights my pals and I went to the ringers and enjoyed a meal prepared by the new Chef.

It was really nice and well presented and I am looking forward to going again

“Every process in your organization has a customer, and without a customer a process has no purpose. "
wolfman

« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2008, 10:56:16 AM »

Award delight for pub
Brian Lashley
12/ 8/2008

LANDLORDS Peter and Sue Clarke are toasting their own success after their pub was named best community boozer in the north west.

The couple who run the Ring O' Bells, Marple, Stockport, are celebrating after scooping the title in the Great British Pub Awards. As regional winner it is now in the running to be named best community pub in the national final next month.

The awards recognise the best practice and the best people in the pub trade, putting the spotlight on publicans who demonstrate real excellence.

Peter and Sue worked behind the bar for the previous licensee and took over about two years ago.

After spending thousands on a revamp and introducing a food menu, they helped clean up the nearby canal and threw open the doors to community groups.

Now you're likely to find a churchgoer, member of the choir, scoutmaster or artist popping in for a pint.

Peter, 53, said: "The award is fantastic and we feel really proud because we have worked towards being a community pub. It is very much a pub where anybody can come in for a drink.

"We have groups of women who come in and feel safe, and various other groups such as those from church, the Scouts and local artists who use the place for meetings.

"We've got a narrow boat and canal room because we are so close to the canal."
Taken from Manchester Evening news web site author as stated

Upon seeing the shadow of a PIDGIN  one should resist the urge to look up.
Dave

« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2008, 02:41:03 PM »

Bravo to the Ringer - well-deserved recognition for Marple's best pub!   Smiley
wolfman

« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2008, 08:59:25 PM »

It's a "Whitewash"

Upon seeing the shadow of a PIDGIN  one should resist the urge to look up.
alan@romiley

« Reply #14 on: November 18, 2008, 12:29:53 AM »

Please explain Wolfman

Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to:  

Tweets by @marplewebsite