Lawler & Co - Marple's Local Independent Estate Agent for Sales and Lettings

Author Topic: The Ring o' Bells  (Read 19769 times)

wolfman

Re: The Ring o' Bells
« Reply #18 on: November 18, 2008, 10:10:54 AM »
2 got it one didn't. Yes it does look good.

nbt

« Reply #17 on: November 18, 2008, 09:29:30 AM »
I'm guessing that he's referring to the new white paintjob as part of the overhaul - looks very nice now.
NBT: Notoriously Bad Typist

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #16 on: November 18, 2008, 07:44:39 AM »
Could it be a cryptic reference  to the recent repainting?
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

alan@marple

« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2008, 12:29:53 AM »
Please explain Wolfman

wolfman

« Reply #14 on: November 17, 2008, 08:59:25 PM »
It's a "Whitewash"

Dave

« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2008, 02:41:03 PM »
Bravo to the Ringer - well-deserved recognition for Marple's best pub!   :)

wolfman

« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2008, 10:56:16 AM »
Award delight for pub
Brian Lashley
12/ 8/2008

LANDLORDS Peter and Sue Clarke are toasting their own success after their pub was named best community boozer in the north west.

The couple who run the Ring O' Bells, Marple, Stockport, are celebrating after scooping the title in the Great British Pub Awards. As regional winner it is now in the running to be named best community pub in the national final next month.

The awards recognise the best practice and the best people in the pub trade, putting the spotlight on publicans who demonstrate real excellence.

Peter and Sue worked behind the bar for the previous licensee and took over about two years ago.

After spending thousands on a revamp and introducing a food menu, they helped clean up the nearby canal and threw open the doors to community groups.

Now you're likely to find a churchgoer, member of the choir, scoutmaster or artist popping in for a pint.

Peter, 53, said: "The award is fantastic and we feel really proud because we have worked towards being a community pub. It is very much a pub where anybody can come in for a drink.

"We have groups of women who come in and feel safe, and various other groups such as those from church, the Scouts and local artists who use the place for meetings.

"We've got a narrow boat and canal room because we are so close to the canal."
Taken from Manchester Evening news web site author as stated

alan@marple

Ring o Bells
« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2008, 12:04:57 AM »
Tonights my pals and I went to the ringers and enjoyed a meal prepared by the new Chef.

It was really nice and well presented and I am looking forward to going again

heather

« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2008, 10:29:37 PM »
its a long way to travel from hope :) :) :) heard a whisper in the village that the chef is leaving from the ringers hope you will still be doing food

alan@marple

« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2008, 12:45:29 AM »
I just wish that Robinsons, would allow a guest beer now and again in our locals.

A well kept pint of "Robbie's"is great and I get this at "my local" but it really would be nice to be able to walk to the pub in MARPLE and enjoy and occasional pint of

"Boddies" Sam or John Smiths, Holt's or even JWL.

I don't suppose it will ever happen!, but I live in hope

Howard

« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2008, 10:32:26 PM »
I think it's a real shame about the Ringers.

You're clearly got a bit of a thing about the Ringers. That's two posts on the same day complaining but with no reason why. Either give us the reasons why you think there's something wrong, tell Pete what you think or pack it in.

Lisa Oldham

« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2008, 11:13:21 AM »
What Orange Whip?  Why is it sad that the The Ringers consistently provide good quality tasty food?

orangewhip

« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2008, 11:16:38 AM »
I think it's a real shame about the Ringers.

Howard

« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2008, 07:12:48 PM »
If you do frequent the Ringers and they have the Lamb Henry on, I'd suggest that should be your first choice. I had it on Sunday and it was absolutely delicious.

Peter

The Ring o' Bells
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2007, 10:30:02 AM »
Not easy to answer this precisely. Our suppliers are all 'Locally' based i.e. the Stockport area. Where it is possible they source us goods from the area but for various reasons, quality, availability, cost etc.,  this is not always possible which means it varies enormously. There are many rules issued by Environmental Health regarding buying fresh produce which means that buying direct from local sources is not always plausible. Not a great answer I know but at least an honest one!