A M Photo-Graphics

Author Topic: The Ring o' Bells  (Read 19768 times)

nbt

The Ring o' Bells
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2007, 05:43:55 PM »
For once it's good to be shown to be wrong. PLease accept my apologies Peter, and well done for supporting fresh produce. Genuine question, do you source your meats and vegatables locally where possible? I much prefer to eat at places where I know I am supporting local businesses.
NBT: Notoriously Bad Typist

Peter

The Ring o' Bells
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2007, 10:57:23 AM »
Well, as the landlord of the Ring o' Bells I suppose it's up to me to put the last comments right.
Firstly, I cannot understand how one can complain that one has too much choice. Surely if you find somewhere where you like the food it is a great bonus that you can go back on other occasions and choose from different things.
Nbt is quite correct when he says we have a large selection on our menu but that is where him being correct ends!
We have around 40 main courses available on our A La Carte, 10 of which are vegetarian, and of those I count 3 that are frozen meals, Lasagne's & Cannelloni. The rest is cooked entirely to order from fresh produce, unless you count the likes of Cod & Hake which come frozen packed from the ships off Iceland, the country not the store, and are defrosted, on the premises, prior to trading.
Whilst accepting that you cannot please all the people all of the time, I would, (as someone who eats here far more than anyone else) have to agree more with Howards comments regarding the Ring o' Bells than nbt's.

nbt

The Ring o' Bells
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2007, 10:22:13 PM »
(Howard @ Dec. 28 2007,20:02) For excellent food, I'd still recommend the Ring o' Bells

I'd have to disagree. While the hosts and staff are great, the menu is far too big at the Ringers: this too me says that the food is pre-prepared in bulk and frozen, rather than having supplies freshly prepared. The food is adequate but by no means excellent.

NBT: Notoriously Bad Typist