Self Catering Holiday Cottages in
Marple, Stockport & Cheshire

Author Topic: Caravan Storage  (Read 9712 times)

Howard

Re: Caravan Storage
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2016, 07:30:52 PM »
Thanks for all your suggestions everyone. I found a spot at Benfield's Farm on Werneth Low.

My login is Henrietta

« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2016, 04:51:27 PM »
Quote from:  link=topic=154.msg535#msg535 date=1032098135
Does anyone know of anwhere locally that will store caravans?
We are collecting our caravan next Saturday (21st) and have nowhere to store it at present.  Can anyone help?
I know the original request was a long time ago but for anyone else who needs to know - Try Hargate Hill Equestrian Centre, Charlesworth. 01457-865518.

Russ

« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2016, 04:27:08 PM »
Ackroyds is £600/annum & full but changes.

There is a good the one other side of Hazel Grove small farm, looks ok, cheaper but 6 month waiting list when we called last october.

The only 2 cassoa registered sites we found locally are Pear mill & one in Dukinfield.

Good luck & post up if you find a good one.

guy

« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2016, 08:39:11 PM »
Ackroyd's site is still there in Offerton, now run by his son. Good secure site, easy access etc, but geese are on site and their droppings can be treaded into the caravan which is not very pleasant. There is a site near Strines station, but I believe there is a waiting list. There is also a storage site at Pear Mill in Lower Bredbury. I think we went to look at the storage site in New Mills mentioned earlier, access was a little difficult and you had to phone in advance to arrange to get the caravan out. Search for the CASSOA website, which is a national register of caravan storage sites, which could identify some more local storage sites.

nbt

« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2016, 04:28:20 PM »
Can't talk about recommendations as i haven't used them, but I noticed a new caravan storage facility next to New Mills Marina at the weekend
NBT: Notoriously Bad Typist

Howard

« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2016, 10:12:19 AM »
This must be a record. I'm bumping this thread after almost 15 years. Anyone got any recommendations for caravan storage in the local area?

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
Caravan Storage
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2002, 09:33:10 PM »
My neighbour has used a place in Offerton on Poise Brook Road, off Bean Leach Road for many years and claims it's the best around here. (That's first left after the Wright's Arms when going towards Stockport, then second left.)

Apparently the owner's name is Ackroyd, but we can't find a phone number for him, so you'll have to pop down there and take a look.
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

Caravan Storage
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2002, 10:25:39 AM »
I seem to remember seeing a load of caravans at a farm on Werneth Low.  As you take the road to Werneth Low from Compstall it is the first farm you reach as you get to the 'z' bends before you go up the steep part.  You could try there.

Caravan Storage
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2002, 02:55:35 PM »
Does anyone know of anwhere locally that will store caravans?
We are collecting our caravan next Saturday (21st) and have nowhere to store it at present.  Can anyone help?