Marple based web design | Websites That Work For You!

Author Topic: Pet Insurance  (Read 2927 times)

alan@marple

Re: Pet Insurance
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2008, 09:21:08 AM »
Just to let you know folks, that Sainsbury's pet insurance have settled my claim. It was very quick, less than 2 weeks.

I am still looking for two ginger kittens

alan@marple

Pet Insurance
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2008, 07:36:09 PM »
Since my last post on pet insurance, my pet cat Harry has died.

He took ill very suddenly with a blocked bladder, which led to Kidney complications.

I arrived home and found him very distressed, he could hardly walk, I took him straight to the vets at Marple, where he had immediate emergency surgery and he was sent to the veterinary hospital at Cheadle.

Despite the great care he received,he died 6 days later. He was 12.

Fortunately I had pet insurance, the bill was just short of £1000, my excess with Sainsbury's pet insurance is £100.

Thank goodness I took out pet insurance.

I will let you know when Sainsburys have paid, I submitted all the bills on 6th May

Aslan

Pet Insurance
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2007, 07:43:54 AM »
I've got Sainsburys for the dog and found them brilliant so far. Only had to claim once, but had the cheque within a week of sending the form in.

alan@marple

Pet Insurance
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2007, 03:23:43 PM »
A trip to the vet these days can be an expensive business, but this can be lessened slightly by having a good pet insurance policy.

My cat has recently cost me nearly £250  in Vets fees. He was treated for gingivitis and had 5 teeth out. I don't have a problem with the Vet, we have an excellent practice in Marple. My problems are with the Insurance company who have still not paid me since agreeing to do so nearly six weeks ago. They tell me a cheque was sent on the 3rd August, well its not good enough!.

Not only do I have to pay an excess of about £60 but ALSO a percentage of the vets fees.

I have learned my lesson and have bought myself a powerful magnifying glass for small print.

I have looked at the websites and have decided to renew with Sainsbury's pet insurance, they will accept cats over 8 years old without a surcharge.