Lawler & Co - Marple's Local Independent Estate Agent for Sales and Lettings

Author Topic: The Crown, Marple  (Read 5259 times)

The Crown, Marple
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2002, 06:42:08 PM »
I'm not sure where you are coming from on this one comet? Who is partaking in what idle gossip.
As you may know I gave the Crown a glowing report under 'the last licensee' and hope to do the same for the present ones when they have settled in.
I agree (and lets name names here) that Mike certainly knew his business and it was possibly his non business activities that put an end to this. I know nothing of the facts nor do I particularly want to but I do know that Robinsons now have a new tenants who could probably do with the support of Hawk Green.
Lets concentrate on giving them that support and ignoring the tittle tattle of gossips.

The Crown, Marple
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2002, 04:29:21 PM »
I would just like to point out how quickly people seem to have forgotton what a thriving, lively, and welcoming public house the Crown was during the last licencees tenancy.  I think it is only fair to say that the Crown was, and probably will remain THE most busy and popular public house in the Marple area (alongside the Norfolk Arms), however people seem to have conveniently forgotton this fact.  Recent events (whatever they were, as nobody of course knows any facts) seem to have left many people in Hawk Green and surroundings areas with a uniformly negative image of the previous licencee and seem to have forgotton all the charity work and such like that he provided for the local community.  The previous landlord arranged the majorly successful Summer Haze events on the Ridge, annually, along with various other charty fundraising evenings within the Crown itself.  He undoubtedly provided a much needed younger persons public house whilst maintaining an excellent reputation amonst elder clientele and diners. It seems to me that those who enjoyed his hospitality and took advangtage of his kindness are the first to partake in idle gossip in his absence - it is a disgrace!!! ':angry:'