A gentle and effective approach to whole body health, to help reduce pain, improve mobility and promote healing

Author Topic: The Virtual Time Tour of Marple  (Read 243229 times)

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
The Virtual Time Tour of Marple
« Reply #77 on: October 26, 2007, 06:41:57 PM »
Just slipped a quick 4 additions to the Tour. Two provided by Ray Noble (doesn't he look like his great grandad! ) and two taken by Arthur Procter of the 1000 fluorescent tubes at Chadkirk recently that were placed to highlight the Connect2 Project.

Follow this link to go straight to the latest additions.
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

Iona

« Reply #76 on: October 14, 2007, 07:00:50 PM »
The carnival photo of the children in 'white robes' are the 'felines' from Dr Who.

Thanks Iona - caption updated - Mark 19:13

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #75 on: October 11, 2007, 07:36:35 PM »
Another dozen picture of the Iron Bridge from 4th and 5th October have been added today, along with a brand new gallery of photos from Marple Carnival 2007.

Follow this link for the new Carnival Album.
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

alison

« Reply #74 on: October 06, 2007, 10:57:28 AM »
Aha!

It was Norton - and it was the ad blocking option - soon as I turned it off pictures galore!

Thanks for your help

Alison

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #73 on: October 05, 2007, 06:58:05 PM »
Firewall or "nanny" type filter is the only thing I can think of. The Iron Bridge picture files are all named using the same convention i.e. 116_1234a.jpg. No idea why this would not be acceptable but to give an example of the kind of thing that can happen: I was contacted by a lady in Australia who couldn't see the calendar pictures on the Marple Promotions web site. We had numerous exchanges and another chap from Oz also got involved before we discovered that her "net nanny" type filter (I think it was a Norton product) didn't like the word promotions in the site name so would not allow the pictures to be displayed. If you have any software like this running just switch it off for a while and visit the site again. That will eliminate (or incriminate) it and allow you to narrow down the search for the cause.

You could also try installing Firefox 2.0 as an alternative browser and see what happens with this.
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

alison

« Reply #72 on: October 05, 2007, 01:01:46 PM »
Works fine at work - doesn't the bridge look different all cleaned up! Must just be my PC but I don't know whay - I don't have the problem with any other websites, I am on broadband - its a complete mystery!

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #71 on: October 04, 2007, 08:08:38 PM »
They were intending to work until dusk today trying to get the grit blasting finished.

I've tried on 3 pcs or laptops so far and cannot replicate the problem you are having. Is it possible that it's some kind of issue with a firewall or something?

Let us know how you get on at work.
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

alison

« Reply #70 on: October 04, 2007, 07:24:08 PM »
Hi

yes all from the same PC - I will try from work tomorrow. Of the postcards I can see all but 1 on page 1. When I go onto page 2 where it is mostinly iron bridge pictures I can only see the one of the pictures - I have no thumbnails at all - not even the little red crosses you get when a picture does not download. Its the same for most of the iron bridge photos.

By the way, its 7.20pm and someone is on the bridge with a torch - are the workmen very dedicated or is someone mucking about!

Alison

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #69 on: October 03, 2007, 11:17:30 PM »
No, that's pretty weird. How many times have you tried? Is it always from the same pc? Is anyone else experiencing this?

Earlier this evening I added 12 "new" postcards to the tour too, especially for anyone getting fed up with just Iron Bridge pictures. Mainly of the Roman Lakes and surrounds. Can you see all these ok but not the bridge ones still?

Try looking at the bridge ones via this link:

http://www.mwdh.co.uk/photos/thumbnails.php?album=52

Incidentally, we've just passed the 200,000th image viewed since we set these new galleries up.
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

alison

« Reply #68 on: October 03, 2007, 10:29:15 PM »
Does anyone have any idea why on the gallery I am unable to see most of the bridge pictures? None of the other pictures are affected but I only seem to be able to see about 1 in 10 of any iron bridge pics that are added - the rest I just get the text but no picture

Alison

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #67 on: October 03, 2007, 05:49:01 PM »
Another dozen pictures from the last two days of grit blasting at the Iron Bridge revealing some interesting details underneath all that rust and paint have been added this evening.

Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #66 on: September 29, 2007, 07:12:48 PM »
Half a dozen pictures of the Iron Bridge Restoration have been added to the tour tonight from the last week, plus one of the Scroll Bridge, which seems to have gone quiet again.
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #65 on: September 20, 2007, 10:15:07 PM »
A whole host of photos of the Iron Bridge restoration taken today and Tuesday have been added to the Tour this evening, plus we have a brand new album started to track the restoration of the Scroll Bridge in Brabyns Park, which began earlier this week.

Follow this link to go straight to the latest additions. and this one to go straight to the Scroll Bridge album.
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #64 on: September 16, 2007, 08:11:14 AM »
Twelve new photos of the Iron Bridge project progress have been added to the Tour this morning. These include the scaffolding erection and details of some unfortunate damage done to the iron railings.
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #63 on: September 05, 2007, 06:55:06 PM »
Continuing our updates on the Iron Bridge Restoration six photos of the gas main being exposed over that last two days have now been added plus three "new" photos of the Bailey bridge being installed back in 1991 given to us by Hugh Johnson after he was interviewed by Fusion Films last week.

Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website