Marple Blasting Services | Blast Cleaning Stockport

Author Topic: Rose Hill train service  (Read 2590 times)

kirstie

Rose Hill train service
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2006, 08:46:31 AM »
Hi Tina, I haven't so much heard that its going to be chopped -  it was something that was insinuated by a member of staff when I was being advised against submitting a complaint - but I was perhaps reading too much into it...

Thanks Mark fof the Goyt valley link. I will phone up later and post any relevant information on this site.

I'm curious about the work that's been going on. I remember seeing a for sale sign and wondered if it was for (some of?) of the car park space. If I get chance I might see if the council know anything about it.

Happy Friday, Kirstie

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
Rose Hill train service
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2006, 06:24:55 PM »
The Goyt Valley Rail Users have a free page on our main site. It may be worth contacting them about any rumours and hopefully for reassurance:

Goyt Valley Rail Users' page
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

tina

Rose Hill train service
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2006, 05:07:49 PM »
I live by the train station and have not heard about it closing! There has been alot of work done over the last few weeks which have kept me awake, so I can't see them doing all this work if they ar going to axe the service, where did you hear about it?

kirstie

Rose Hill train service
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2006, 12:56:32 PM »
I'm very concerned that this service is going to be axed.

I know its quite unreliable in the winter, and there's nothing more frustrating than cancelled trains, but when it runs it is convenient for many of us.

I get the impression that Northern Rail are looking for reasons/excuses/further validity to cancel it all together.

I have only lived in Marple for a couple of years so am unaware of any history relating to this particular service, but I do know that Andrew Stunnell has been involved in the past.

If anyone is interested in having a chat to see if there's anything we can do, please do contact me.